In keeping with industry best practices to help protect you and your data, users of N-able Passportal will be required to enable multi-factor authentication (MFA) in order to continue using the product, as of the upcoming May 10th, 2021 release.
If you do not turn on MFA, you will not be able to access Passportal. Additionally, we will deprecate some of the MFA methods currently in use.
The MFA feature is a simple and robust authentication method you can use to help guard against cyberthreats.
The MFA feature in Passportal supports a number of free authenticator applications, including:
- OTP Authenticator (Android®/iOS®) – think Google, Microsoft, Authy
- Duo Mobile (Android/iOS)* – Under a MSP controlled account, not Passportal (see below)
The following MFA methods will no longer be accepted:
- Phone call
- Text message
- Duo MFA controlled by Passportal (MSP account set up under a Passportal Duo license)**
All new accounts created as of April 7 will have MFA enabled by default, and we will require all existing accounts to have MFA enabled by May 10, 2021.
If you are using one of the MFA types no longer supported, we will require you to change to a supported application by May 10. The process is easy and only requires a few steps. Please see this article for more detailed instructions.
Please find below some additional clarifications regarding Duo MFA platform:
* Duo offers N-able Passportal partners up to 2,000 free internal use licenses, which can be used to protect your internal applications with Duo Push. To acquire your free licenses, follow the process here.
** Duo is making changes to the MFA platform, and will be removing any external customers from the Duo Passportal instance. As such, you will need to protect Passportal with your own Duo license. To help with the transition, Duo is helping partners set up their own Duo MSP console and providing up to 2,000 free NFR licenses to cover your internal use.
- If you are already a Duo MSP partner, you can use your existing NFR account following the guidelines in this article
- If you don’t have a Duo MSP account, follow the process here
- If you are unsure if you are a Duo MSP partner, please contact MSPADR@duo.com
Please reach out to N-able support if you have questions regarding this transition.