This is a reminder for partners still using VIPRE Managed Antivirus that this feature is now out of support, from June 27th as previously communicated. From September 27th onward, devices that still use VIPRE Managed Antivirus may no longer be protected with definitions updates.
For partners who still use the VIPRE option, we recommend that you switch over to the Bitdefender-based Managed Antivirus engine instead. Bitdefender was introduced in 2015 alongside VIPRE and offers many additional policy options, including Apple macOS support and disk encryption, as well as frequent engine upgrades.
Switching from VIPRE to Bitdefender is straight forward and can be done using a migrate option. For more information, click here. You can see which devices are using VIPRE Managed Antivirus with the associated column in the devices north pane.
Alternatively, you may wish to consider N-able EDR, offering next generation protection against security threats in partnership with SentinelOne. Click here for more info.
ACTION REQUIRED BY PARTNERS WHO ARE CURRENTLY DEPLOYING VIPRE MANAGED ANTIVIRUS:
- Beginning June 27th, 2022, we will no longer provide support for VIPRE Managed Antivirus in RMM
- From September 27th onward, devices that still use VIPRE Managed Antivirus may no longer be protected with definitions updates stopping from this date
- We will be removing VIPRE from RMM entirely before end of the year
- To ensure continued protection, please follow the VIPRE-to-Bitdefender migration steps outlined in the support document. You can check if you have any devices using VIPRE by running the Feature Policy Report available from the Reports menu or from RMM’s north pane
- If you want to find out more about EDR and start a trial, then please contact your account manager