Please be advised we will be publishing an update for Managed Antivirus (MAV-BD) for both the Webservice as well as the Breck Agent. The Webservice release window will start Tuesday May 17th and available in all territories by the end of the week. The MAV-BD Agent release will begin on Tuesday May 24th and available in all regions by Friday May 27th. This release provides an update to our MAV- BD agent to 54.6.1.
- MAV-BD Webservice Update: Starting Tuesday May 17th and available in all regions by end of week.
- MAV-BD Agent 54.6.1 Update: Starting Tuesday May 24th and available in all regions by Friday May 27th.
- MAV-BD security optimizations for both Webservice and Agent
- The MAV-BD data transfer protocol has been updated. All downloads of installer packages, software updates, and third-party removal apps are now done over HTTPS.
- An issue causing the Active Protection to show loading indefinitely in response to clicking on the Managed Antivirus (Bitdefender) Check’s More Information has now been resolved.
No reboot should be required. If a reboot should be needed, it will be displayed in the RMM dashboard. Ensure the delay and reboot settings in your policies are set accordingly for your customers.
Delaying Engine Upgrades
MAV-BD Engine upgrades can be delayed by up to 10 days in the Managed Antivirus protection policy. Upgrades can also be delayed for weekends and evening hours. Please refer to RMM’s help file for more detail on this feature.
Handling MAV-BD Reboots
- Reboots can be automatically enabled for the upgrade process by selecting an option in the MAV policy under the “Installation Settings” tab. Automatic reboots occur within 5 minutes of taking the update. Please ensure this option is disabled if you do not want your end user machine to automatically reboot. If the automatic reboot option is not enabled, the reboot will be displayed as a blue dot within the North Pane of the RMM Dashboard, indicating that the machine needs a reboot to complete the installation. Reboot the machine at your earliest convenience.
Determining the version on a device:
The version of the MAV agent, as well as the MAV engine version, can be seen in 2 places – by looking at the Managed Antivirus Check (Bitdefender), or by running the Managed Antivirus Protection Report.
To see the version of the agent within the MAV check, navigate to the South Pane of the device and find the Managed Antivirus Check – Bitdefender and select the “More Information” link. To see across devices, run the Managed Antivirus Protection Report under Reports > Managed Antivirus > Antivirus Protection Report. Ensure that the Agent Version and Engine Version columns are selected from the Column drop down.