We’re pleased to let you know that we have started the release a new Windows Agent (RC) with a number of important upgrades to monitoring and performance. At the same time, we’re pleased to confirm the latest Mac Agent was upgraded to GA, which contains improvements to the Daemon checks for Mac workstations and to iOS device enrolment.
The new Mac GA Agent is already updated in all territories, while the Windows RC agent is expected to be available to all partners by tomorrow.
For the latest Windows Agent v10.12.0 (RC), here are the key details:
- Automation Manager upgrade: This agent updates the ‘ScriptRunner’ service that runs the Automation Manager scripts, so it’s the latest version (v2.30). It contains a whole series of performance updates and bugfixes, see release notes below for details.
- Monitoring service upgrade: The agent component that processes RMM’s monitoring checks (the ‘fmplugin’ service) can now be upgraded more quickly thanks to improvements in this agent. We have also improved how it handles logs to aid with issue detection.
- EDR Script Check update: The new Windows agent includes improvements to make the ‘SentinelOne Monitoring’ script check more reliable.
- Take Control agent: The new agent includes improvements to how the system installs the Take Control feature to help with performance and reliability.
- Agent file size: We have optimised the agent installer so it’s considerably smaller and more efficient.
Together, these enhancements to the Windows Agent and its components are very much focused on performance and quality of service for partners. We encourage you to install the latest RC agent on your test devices and share any feedback you may have, as we gear up to making it our new GA Agent in the near future.
Summary for Release
– Agent upgrades
– RMM Console v2022.02.24
– Windows Agent v10.12.0 RC, Mac Agent v3.8.1 GA
RMM Console v2020.02.24
UPDATE: Simplified the workflow when connecting RMM to MSP Manager account (remove redundant email address field)
BUGFIX: Resolved issue so the ‘Add Device’ button shows again on Monitored Devices view
BUGFIX: Address issue causing reports to not auto-send in Germany region
Windows RC Agent v10.12.0
UPDATE: Automation Manager’s ‘scriptrunner’ service update to v2.30
UPDATE: The ‘fmplugin’ service can now be upgraded separately from agent
UPDATE: Improvements to handling of the Take Control agent installer
BUGFIX: Address EDR script checks issue “failed to start – unknown error”
BUGFIX: Better cleanup of residucal files upon removing of the RMM agent
Mac RC Agent v3.8.1 GA
BUGFIX: Resolves an issue when MDM enrolment guide can’t be displayed
BUGFIX: Support for “Multiple Instance” daemons added to the Daemon Check
Automation Manager v.2.30 (ScriptRunner)
AM-2769: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: The Assembly “AutomationManager.Engine.Common, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null” can not be found.” Error
AM-2763: Support shortname 8.3 notation when installing Automation Manager
AM-2742: The “Download File from URL” object fails to download binaries from RMM’s get_site_installation_package API
AM-2741: The SSH Object returns an “Unknown Error” message when run through a Script Check
AM-2740: The “Open Session” Object Reports “Failed to negotiate key exchange algorithm”
AM-2729: The “Get Domain Information” and “Get AD Forest Information” Objects Return “Unknown” For Output Parameters When The Domain And Forest Are Both In 2016 Mode
AM-2727: The “Get Folder List” Object Does Not Preserve non-ASCII Characters
AM-2726: The “File Exists” Object Doesn’t Find Files In C:\Windows\System32
AM-2724: The “Delete Temporary Files” Object Fails If C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies Does Not Exist
AM-2712: Policies that prompt users fail on Windows 11
AM-2456: “The “Run Powershell Script” Object Returns a “System.Xml.XmlDocument” Error When It Invokes The Chocolatey Installation Script”