We’re pleased to share the latest set of updates for SolarWinds Mail Assure.
What’s new this week:
Customise Email Scout Report Templates (preview)
An Email Scout Report is, essentially, the results of a log search, sent either immediately, at a scheduled time, or on a regular basis. As part of the process, the results are converted to a format that is suitable for an email message, via a template. There are currently two templates that are installed by default – one ‘column’ based template, only suited for a small number of results, and one ‘row’ based template that’s more suitable for large numbers of results.
Starting with this update, admins are able to both customize the existing templates and also create new templates from scratch, via the ‘Email Scout Reports Templates’ page found in the ‘Others’ section of the navigation. If you’re creating a new template, it’s recommended to start by creating a copy of an existing template. Alternatively, you can start from a completely blank template. Depending on your needs, you may want to create templates that are suited to a narrower type of report (e.g. specifically for quarantined messages or for reporting on the state of the delivery queue), or for reporting issues with outgoing users – or you may want to only adjust the way the reports look or the boilerplate text that’s included.
When a user creates an Email Scout Report, they are able to choose a template from the ones that are globally available, and also the ones that their (direct) admin has provided. Admins may copy reports from ‘parent’ admins if they wish them to be available to their own users.
- Resolved: Moving a sender/recipient whitelist/blacklist entry from the domain list to the admin list (or vice-versa) could fail in some situations (#35777)
- Resolved: Importing settings using a CSV file over 1 MB in size would wrongly fail (#35773)
- Resolved: The ‘send now’ action for Email Scout Reports (on the new, preview, Email Scout Reports page) could fail in some situations (#35795)
- Resolved: Deleting a very large number of Email Scout Reports at once would fail (#35802)
- Resolved: Restored compatibility with IE 11 (#35828)
- Resolved: The ‘compose reply’ function no longer included the original message (#35788)
- Improved: The ‘catch-all’ status in the ‘protection status’ function on the Overview page now indicates that the check is not applicable when the domain limits acceptance of messages to a specific mailbox list (#35727)
- Added: It’s now possible to edit the existing Email Scout Report templates and to create entirely new ones (#27658)
In case there are items you would like to discuss in more detail, please contact support via support.solarwindsmsp.com