N-able™ MSP Manager™ (MSPM) has been experiencing periodic performance issues in recent months, primarily affecting our partners in our Western European cluster. Solving these problems is the absolute top priority for our team. The identified issues fall into one of two categories:
- MSPM becomes slow and can lead to unresponsiveness
We have identified errors resulting in database pool exhaustion that we believe can cause unresponsiveness. We have taken immediate steps to address this issue and minimize partner disruption including:
- Improved monitoring to detect instances of the problem as quickly as possible and restart unresponsive services or nodes
- Increased the number of nodes
- Increased database capacity in the back end
In addition, we are currently working on updates to isolate our most frequent calls into their own microservices to help better distribute load and identify the source of the problem. We expect additional changes and improvements to be released as we progress.
2. The SLA feature is not always updating or sending notifications in a timely manner.
We have identified processing bottlenecks which we believe are the primary cause of the reported issues and are taking measures to help reduce those bottlenecks. Stay tuned for a release announcement with these changes.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work hard to solve both problems as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as they become available.