Please be advised we will be pushing an update for Managed Antivirus MAV-BD v126.96.36.1997 (MAV-BD 188.8.131.52) available for all Modern Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7+ Windows Server 2008 R2+) starting Tuesday August 24th 2021, available in all territories by the end of the week.
This is a unique release initiated by updating with 184.108.40.2067. This release will trigger a silent update directly to the new Managed Antivirus (MAV-BD) version 7 series resulting in version 220.127.116.11. No reboot is anticipated for this update. Users should experience no disruptions and no action is required.
Please be reminded that Managed Antivirus (MAV-BD) version 7 will NOT be eligible for Windows 7 installations that have not secured the Extended Security Updates. Microsoft is changing the way executables can be signed, it will no longer be possible to be signed with SHA1. Any Windows 7 installations that have not applied SP1 should consider the following Microsoft articles:
The following issues were fixed in this build:
- In some instances, Disk Encryption module maintained the Bitlocker feature suspended this has now been resolved.
- An issue that may have prevented custom scan options from being reconfigured as now been resolved
- Resolved SCOM issues caused by an interaction between the Advanced Threat Control Module (ATC) and WMI.
- In some cases, the Advanced Threat Control module caused critical errors (BSOD), this has now been resolved.
- Advanced Threat Control has now multiple detection heuristics or the recently disclosed “Print Nightmare” vulnerability.
The new Bitdefender engine version should not require any reboot. If a reboot should be needed, it will be displayed in the RMM dashboard. Ensure the delay and reboot settings in your policies are set accordingly for your customers.
Delaying Engine Upgrades
MAV-BD Engine upgrades can be delayed by up to 10 days in the Managed Antivirus protection policy. Upgrades can also be delayed for weekends and evening hours. Please refer to RMM’s help file for more detail on this feature.
Handling MAV-BD Reboots
- Reboots can be automatically enabled for the upgrade process by selecting an option in the MAV policy under the “Installation Settings” tab. Automatic reboots occur within 5 minutes of taking the update. Please ensure this option is disabled if you do not want your end-user machine to automatically reboot. If the automatic reboot option is not enabled, the reboot will be displayed as a blue dot within the North Pane of the RMM Dashboard, indicating that the machine needs a reboot to complete the installation. Reboot the machine at your earliest convenience.
Determining the version on a device:
The version of the MAV agent, as well as the MAV engine version, can be seen in 2 places – by looking at the Managed Antivirus Check (Bitdefender), or by running the Managed Antivirus Protection Report.
To see the version of the agent within the MAV check, navigate to the South Pane of the device and find the Managed Antivirus Check – Bitdefender and select the “More Information” link. To see across devices, run the Managed Antivirus Protection Report under Reports > Managed Antivirus > Antivirus Protection Report. Ensure that the Agent Version and Engine Version columns are selected from the Column drop down.