We’re pleased to announce a set of performance updates to Bitdefender Managed Antivirus, as well as a new Windows GA Agent to bring you the latest monitoring and Patch Management enhancements. In addition, we have a series of bug fixes for several RMM reports.
The release will roll out across all territories in the next few days. Here’s what’s included:
New Windows GA Agent
We’re updating Windows Agent v10.8.8 to be the new GA Agent. This includes the enhancements in the current v10.8.7 RC Agent, together with a performance improvement for the new Patch Management engine. Here’s a quick summary:
- Resolution for Kaspersky monitoring in the Antivirus Update check
- Resolution for Veeam Backup monitoring in the Backup check
- ‘ScriptRunner’ v10, used to run custom scripts created with Automation Manager
- Patch Management improvement to address instances of the RMM Agent crashing during upgrade
Please note: The following older operating systems are not supported by the Patch Management engine in Agent 10.8.8: Windows 7 Pre-SP1, Windows Vista, and Server 2008 Pre-R2.
Bitdefender Managed Antivirus
The monitoring checks for Bitdefender Managed Antivirus now automatically include a new Windows Service Check: “Managed Antivirus Endpoint Protected Service”. The Endpoint Protected Service provides protection against malware and other security threats.
In addition, we’re releasing a Bitdefender Managed Antivirus agent update with the following improvements:
- Agent: 18.104.22.168 – An issue with auto connect option impacting Cloud Services has now been resolved
- Agent: 22.214.171.124 – An issue impacting the ability to remove RMM Managed Antivirus (MAV-BD) has now been resolved.
- MAV Agent: 45.6.2 – An issue impacting the ability to remove RMM Managed Antivirus (MAV-BD) has now been resolved
- MAV Agent: 45.6.2 – An issue with auto connect option impacting Cloud Services has now been resolved
Summary for Service Release
– New Windows GA Agent, Managed Antivirus updates
– Dashboard v2019.03.13
– Windows Agent 10.8.8 GA
BUGFIX: Ensure accented characters display correctly in Daily and Weekly Server Reports for non-English
BUGFIX: Ensure UTF-8 characters display correctly in report titles that sent via email
BUGFIX: Resolve issue with Backup Integrity Report related to timezones
BUGFIX: Update to the Backup Session History Report to handle devices with same name
BUGFIX: Update the client server monthly report to show correct Backup & Recovery details
Windows Agent 10.8.8 GA
UPDATE: Patch Management improvement to address occasional instances of the RMM Agent crashing during upgrade to new Patch Engine
Windows Agent 10.8.8 includes the updates since the current production Agent v10.8.6:
Agent 10.8.7 RC
UPDATE: New ‘ScriptRunner’ v2.10 used by Automation Manager and out-of-the-box tasks
UPDATE: Update to Kaspersky in the Antivirus Update Check so it determines installed server version
BUGFIX: Resolved issue for Veeam Backup Check so it only fails for the relevant error event