Overnight tonight, we will be releasing OSX Monitoring Agent Beta1 so that it is available to download from your Dashboard in all territories before the start of working day tomorrow, Thursday 20th December 2012.
Beta1 contains core Workstation Monitoring checks and supports OSX 10.7 (Lion) and OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion). Full release notes are as follows.
0.7.0 [Beta1] – 2012-12-20
- FEATURE: File System Space check
- FEATURE: File System Space Change check
- FEATURE: Physical Disk Health check
- FEATURE: Hacker check
- FEATURE: Daemon check
- FEATURE: Process check
- FEATURE: Log File check
- FEATURE: Apple System Log check
- FEATURE: OSX Update check
The functionality included in this release has been verified by our QA team and is considered ready to be used by customers. We are unaware of any major issues but will update this document accordingly. The following minor issues are known:
- Slight differences in functionality may exist between the Windows and the OSX Agent. To lessen the impact on regular reporting, monitored OSX workstations are currently excluded from reports.
Supported OSX versions
- 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- 10.7 (Lion)
Support for 10.5 (Leopard) and 10.6 (Snow Leopard); Asset Tracking and Agent branding will be added in early 2013.
Technical support for the OSX Monitoring Agent Beta releases will be provided exclusively through the Support Forum.
The OSX Monitoring Agent is also free of charge while on Beta.
Please try it out and let us know what you think.