Please be advised we will be pushing an update for Managed Antivirus MAV-BD v22.214.171.124 available for all Modern Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7+ Windows Server 2008 R2+) starting Thursday February 3, available in all territories by the end of the week.
- Antimalware has undergone a technology replacement with a new filesystem driver/self-protect driver.
The following issues were fixed in this build:
- Security fixes
- In some cases, the security agent caused high RAM memory usage on Windows 10 systems with version 126.96.36.199. The issue is now fixed.
- The Advanced Threat Control module caused Microsoft Outlook to stop functioning when opening the application or answering an email.
- In some cases, the Bitdefender services failed to work properly after updating to the latest product version.
The new Bitdefender engine version should not require any reboot. If a reboot should be needed, it will be displayed in the RMM dashboard. Ensure the delay and reboot settings in your policies are set accordingly for your customers.
Delaying Engine Upgrades
MAV-BD Engine upgrades can be delayed by up to 10 days in the Managed Antivirus protection policy. Upgrades can also be delayed for weekends and evening hours. Please refer to RMM’s help file for more detail on this feature.
Handling MAV-BD Reboots
- Reboots can be automatically enabled for the upgrade process by selecting an option in the MAV policy under the “Installation Settings” tab. Automatic reboots occur within 5 minutes of taking the update. Please ensure this option is disabled if you do not want your end-user machine to automatically reboot. If the automatic reboot option is not enabled, the reboot will be displayed as a blue dot within the North Pane of the RMM Dashboard, indicating that the machine needs a reboot to complete the installation. Reboot the machine at your earliest convenience.
Determining the version on a device:
The version of the MAV agent, as well as the MAV engine version, can be seen in 2 places – by looking at the Managed Antivirus Check (Bitdefender), or by running the Managed Antivirus Protection Report.
To see the version of the agent within the MAV check, navigate to the South Pane of the device and find the Managed Antivirus Check – Bitdefender and select the “More Information” link. To see across devices, run the Managed Antivirus Protection Report under Reports > Managed Antivirus > Antivirus Protection Report. Ensure that the Agent Version and Engine Version columns are selected from the Column drop down.