Advance Notice: Update for RMM Managed Antivirus Bitdefender (MAV-BD) 184.108.40.2060 scheduled for week of June 14th
Please be advised we will be pushing an update for Managed Antivirus MAV-BD v220.127.116.110 available for all Modern Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7+ Windows Server 2008 R2+) starting Monday June 14th 2021, available in all territories by the end of the week.
This is the last release on the Managed Antivirus (MAV-BD) version 6.6 series. The next Managed Antivirus (MAV-BD) release will be using the new Managed Antivirus (MAV-BD) version 7 series. There is two key pieces of information to be aware of moving forward:
First, Bitdefender is only making the update capability to Managed Antivirus (MAV-BD) version 7 available to those on Managed Antivirus (MAV-BD) 18.104.22.1680.
Secondly, we would also like to advise you that Managed Antivirus (MAV-BD) version 7 will NOT be eligible for Windows 7 installations that have not secured the Extended Security Updates. Microsoft is changing the way executables can be signed, it will no longer be possible to be signed with SHA1. Any Windows 7 installations that have not applied SP1 should consider the following Microsoft articles:
Devices without these in place will NOT be able to update/upgrade or install to any subsequent versions of Managed Antivirus (MAV-BD).
The following issues were fixed in this build:
- In some instances, websites with untrusted certificates were being blocked and not providing the “Accept risks and continue” option, this option has been restored.
- Fixed an incompatibility with Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for Endpoints that caused crashes of File Explorer processes and overall performance issues on Windows 7 machines.
- Fixed an issue with the On-Access Scanning feature, where users without administrative rights could restore a quarantined file. These users are now prompted to enter their username and password when using the Restore button.
- Fixed an issue where Product update and Security Content update remained in a continuous “Updating” state.
- In a certain scenario, due to a missing cleanup mechanism, continuous crash dumps of the Product piled up and used almost all available disk space on endpoints, eventually leading the system to crash as well.
- Disk Encryption module addressed an issue where in certain scenarios, the Disk Encryption module maintained the Bitlocker feature suspended state.
The new Bitdefender engine version should not require any reboot. If a reboot should be needed, it will be displayed in the RMM dashboard. Ensure the delay and reboot settings in your policies are set accordingly for your customers.
Delaying Engine Upgrades
MAV-BD Engine upgrades can be delayed by up to 10 days in the Managed Antivirus protection policy. Upgrades can also be delayed for weekends and evening hours. Please refer to RMM’s help file for more detail on this feature.
Handling MAV-BD Reboots
- Reboots can be automatically enabled for the upgrade process by selecting an option in the MAV policy under the “Installation Settings” tab. Automatic reboots occur within 5 minutes of taking the update. Please ensure this option is disabled if you do not want your end-user machine to automatically reboot. If the automatic reboot option is not enabled, the reboot will be displayed as a blue dot within the North Pane of the RMM Dashboard, indicating that the machine needs a reboot to complete the installation. Reboot the machine at your earliest convenience.
Determining the version on a device:
The version of the MAV agent, as well as the MAV engine version, can be seen in 2 places – by looking at the Managed Antivirus Check (Bitdefender), or by running the Managed Antivirus Protection Report.
To see the version of the agent within the MAV check, navigate to the South Pane of the device and find the Managed Antivirus Check – Bitdefender and select the “More Information” link. To see across devices, run the Managed Antivirus Protection Report under Reports > Managed Antivirus > Antivirus Protection Report. Ensure that the Agent Version and Engine Version columns are selected from the Column drop down.