We’ll soon be releasing an update to Take Control to take advantage of TeamViewer’s latest version, TeamViewer v11. We already updated the ‘Viewer’ module back in December: In this update we’re upgrading the Take Control ‘Host’ component, as part of the new Release Candidate Agent.
Note that to remotely connect to computers that have the latest Host, you need to use the latest Viewer. To ensure you have the latest version of the Viewer installed, go to the Remote Access menu in the Dashboard and select ‘Download Take Control Viewer’. The Take Control Host update is part of the RC Agent, so you’ll have plenty of opportunity to give the new version a test drive before rolling it out across your clients.
TeamViewer has some great enhancements in their latest version, here’s what’s new:
- Improved Performance: up to 15x faster. TeamViewer has been optimized to use less bandwidth and provide more efficient image rendering, so expect improved image quality at a given bandwidth. Other benefits include file transfers up to 15x faster, and up to 30% lower data usage rates.
- Overhauled Toolbar: Not only is TeamViewer faster, now you’re faster too. The remote control session interface has been redesigned based on user feedback and the latest research in user-interface design. Find what you want, where you expect it, when you need it.
- Made for Windows 10: TeamViewer 11 is a perfect match for Windows 10, and it does more than just look good. With TeamViewer 11, you can take advantage of powerful Windows features such as improved touch gestures on the trackpad for both local and remote input.
In addition to the Take Control upgrade, we have a series of customer performance updates – see the staging release notes below for details.
Please note these are Staging Release Notes and subject to change.
Summary for Service Release
– Service release focused on a Take Control upgrade and customer support priorities
– Dashboard v6.10.4
– Agent v9.13.5 RC, no change to the GA Agent
BUGFIX: Ensure the graph in the Disk Space Check shows the correct used space amount
BUGFIX: Resolve PSA entity mapping issue when toggling Hide/Show Mapped Entities in the PSA Entity Mappings dialog
Agent v9.13.5 RC
UPDATE: Update the Take Control host module to use TeamViewer v11
UPDATE: Add support for latest version of StorageCraft ShadowProtect to the Backup Check
BUGFIX: Resolve conflict affecting Web Protection performance at Agent service start up