The September 2015 release of MAX Backup/ IASO 15.9 is scheduled to post to the MAX download and IASO download sites overnight on September 8th/9th and is scheduled to be pushed to the Auto Update Service on September 22th.
This release includes the following updates and enhancements to the MAX Backup / IASO platform:
Summary for MAX Backup / IASO 15.9
- Encrypted file support – Added ability to backup and restore encrypted files residing on Windows systems. Note: a system reboot may be required following recovery of encrypted files
- Expanded Transaction Log Management – We’ve expanded transaction log management to now include support for Microsoft SQL Server VMs when performing a VMware ESX host level backup. Supported versions include Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and later running on ESX 5.x, 6.0. Note: VMware tools must be installed within the VM.
- MAX OS X “El Capitan” Support – Expanded platform support to now include backup and restore for Apple’s newest OS
- Seeding Enhancements – Improved usability and status notification during seed uploads
- Environment “Pre-check” for Standby Image Backup – Ensure system recover-ability with new environment pre-checks that confirms if the target environment is compatible with the Standby Image Backup feature before beginning backups.
- Bare Metal Recovery – BETA support for dissimilar disk hardware, includes the ability to recovery to an environment with a different number of disks or different disk sizes.
- Web-Based Management Console Enhancements:
A New Web-based Management Console was introduced in 15.6 to supplement the existing Cloud Manage Console. This new Web Console is targeted specifically at the needs of Resellers and MSPs remotely managing end customer devices. The Web Console continues to evolve providing partners with browser based access to add, delete, configure, monitor and manage backups from virtually any web based device without the need for a local software installation.
The Web Console can be accessed securely at https://cmc.cloudbackup.management/ and uses your existing CMC Partner credentials.
- GUI Refresh – Significant changes have been made to the Web Console to improve usability, manageability and visual appeal. This new look also aligns visually with the styling of other LogicNow products.
- Company & Contact information – from the Partner Information View has been added to the Web Console, making important client information available with just a few clicks.
Stay tuned, as additional phased updates to the Web Console will be made throughout the remainder of 2015 to expand performance, functionality and usability.
Beta Features (ongoing)
- Individual File Restore for VMware and Hyper-V backups from within the Backup Manager (Beta) – We’ve made significant usability and performance enhancement to the ability to restore individual files from VMware and Hyper-V host level backups. Now, from within the Backup Manager , the contents of a protected virtual machine can be Expanded with a single click to show a directory structure of the VM and select individual items to restore. Please submit support tickets for any open issues.
- Virtual Disaster Recovery for Linux (Beta)– The beta release of our Virtual Disaster Recovery for Linux technology remains available for partners. Initial support is focused on VDR of CentOS to VMware. Please submit support tickets for any open issues.
Updating to the latest version
You may download the latest Backup Manager from the download sections of our website or download links within the CMC. The latest Backup Manager release will also be distributed via our auto update server shortly following the initial release. To ensure your Windows and Mac OS clients are always updated with the latest Backup Manager client version please ensure that you have specified ‘Always latest version’ for the ‘Max version:’ setting in the ‘Partner information view’ section of the Cloud Management Console. You can consult the support knowledge base for more details on how to set the client Max Version.
Cloud Management Console
You may download the latest Cloud Management Console from the download section of our website. The latest CMC release will also be distributed via our auto update server shortly following the initial release. Once available you will be notified upon launching the CMC and presented with the option to update.
You may also download the latest versions of the BMR Tool, Recovery Console, etc. from the download section of our website. These components are not currently released via Auto Update.