This version update includes several updates to Backup for Office 365, which is available for users of standalone Backup or the N-central integrated version. We have also extended and enhanced the beta of our new automated Recovery Testing capability, and provided bug fixes for some customer issues in the main product.
Office 365 updates:
- Performance improvements continue, this time focused on the initial backup of Office 365 Exchange.
- Exchange restore tree performance has been improved, with message listings appearing up to three times faster than previously.
- A “try again” button has been added for use when Microsoft permission checking is delayed or times out.
Recovery Testing beta:
- We have extended the beta trial period through the end of May, giving more customers the opportunity to try this beta capability and provide feedback.
- A new dedicated Recovery Testing dashboard has been added, with new columns and charts to manage and track recovery testing usage.
General bug fixes:
- Fixed an issue where we were unable to back up network shares without credentials on Windows 10 / 2016.
- Resolved an issue where some disk-to-disk restores of VMware virtual machines failed.
- Corrected an issue where changed block tracking was not used in some VMware virtual machine backups.
- Fixed an issue where the error message “Failed to parse json string” was returned when trying to select some VMware guests.