The February 2016 release of MAX Backup/ IASO 16.2 was posted to the MAX download and IASO download sites overnight on February 9th/10th and is scheduled to be pushed to the Auto Update Service by February 23rd.
This is the first product release of 2016 and includes the following usability enhancements:
Summary for MAX Backup 16.2
- Simplified Storage Node installation and configuration improvements were introduced in this release to simplify Storage Node deployment for our “software only” partners who host their own cloud storage. A quick video walk through is available here.
- Exchange Granular Restore technology is now available as a BETA release in the Backup Manager. Partners can perform granular restores for Exchange 2007, 2010, 2013, & 2016. Configuration and installation requirements can be found in the linked article and a quick video walk through is available here.
- Web-Based Management Console Enhancements have been introduced to improve visual elements and navigation as well as simplify partner and device creation. This new console was first introduced in 2015 to supplement the existing Cloud Management Console and is targeted specifically at the needs of partners remotely managing end customer devices. The Web Console continues to evolve with each release providing partners with browser based access to add, delete, configure, monitor and manage backups from virtually any web based device without the need for a local software installation.
The Web Management Console can be accessed securely at https://backup.management/ and uses your existing Partner credentials.
Stay tuned, as additional phased updates to the Web Console will be made into 2016 as we continue to expand performance, functionality and usability.
Beta and Preview Features (ongoing)
- Individual File Restore for VMware and Hyper-V backups from within the Backup Manager (Beta) – This Beta feature procides the ability to restore individual files from VMware and Hyper-V host level backups. Now, from within the Backup Manager , the contents of a protected virtual machine can be Expanded with a single click to show a directory structure of the VM and select individual items to restore. Please visit our knowledge base for more information and submit support tickets for any open issues.
- Virtual Disaster Recovery for Linux (Beta)– The beta release of our Virtual Disaster Recovery for Linux technology in 15.7 remains available for partners. Initial support is focused on VDR of CentOS to VMware. Please submit support tickets for any open issues.
Updating to the latest version
You may download the latest Backup Manager from the download sections of our website or download links within the Management Console. The latest Backup Manager release will also be distributed via our auto update server shortly following the initial release. To ensure your Windows and Mac OS clients are always updated with the latest Backup Manager client version please ensure that you have specified ‘Always latest version’ for the ‘Max version:’ setting in the ‘Partner information view’ section of the Cloud Management Console. You can consult the support knowledge base for more details on how to set the client Max Version.
Cloud Management Console
You may download the latest Cloud Management Console from the download section of our website. The latest release will also be distributed via our auto update server shortly following the initial release. Once available you will be notified upon launching the console and presented with the option to update.
You may also download the latest versions of the Bare Metal Recovery Tool, Recovery Console, etc. from the download section of our website. These components are not currently distributed via Auto Update.