Thank you to all of our partners who have expressed their interest in Cloud User Hub, and even requested a trial of this exciting new release from N-able. We are continuing to develop and release an array of powerful features that will help our partners enhance the service levels, revenue, and profitability of their Cloud Solution Provider business.
Today’s release is all about automation, with Pre-defined Command Sets, Command Set Designer, and Command Scheduler. With these new features, we command you to quit spending so much time managing your Microsoft Cloud business!
As always, we remain eager to engage with our partners to understand your feedback as we continue to refine Cloud User Hub’s ability to drive meaningful impact to your business operations.
Please reach out to CloudUserHub.PM@N-able.com with questions, comments, feedback, or a request to hop on a call with our team.
Pre-defined Command Sets
Today’s release includes Cloud User Hub’s first two pre-defined Command Sets, User Onboarding and User Offboarding! As a reminder, Command Sets are automated workflows that can be executed from within Cloud User Hub. These first two Command Sets can be used in day-to-day operations and are also intended to inspire feedback regarding the additional pre-defined scenarios that our partners would like to see included in Cloud User Hub.
User Onboarding workflow:
- Create basic Azure Active Directory user
- Get Microsoft 365 group by name
- Add a user as a member to an Azure Active Directory group with manual user identifier input
User offboarding workflow:
- Update Azure Active Directory user block sign-in
- Reset Azure Active Directory user password
- Convert to shared mailbox
These pre-defined Command Sets can be found in Cloud User Hub under Microsoft 365 > All Command Sets > User Management.
Command Set Designer
Command Set Designer allows the Cloud User Hub platform user to design a custom workflow using a combination of automated tasks from our ever-growing library of Command Blocks. Command Set Designer allows for conditional logic, and execution with either pre-defined inputs or with inputs from preceding Command Block executions in the specified workflow.
We are excited to learn more about the custom workflows that our partners create using Command Set Designer. In the coming weeks, we will be focusing on greater ease of use for Command Set Designer through several UX enhancements.
Please reach out to CloudUserHub.PM@n-able.com if you’d like to schedule time with our team to provide feedback on your experience with Command Set Designer.
This release includes our new “Command Scheduler” feature for both Command Blocks and Command Sets. Command Scheduler provides the platform user with a mechanism to run Command Blocks and Command Sets at a pre-determined point-in-time, or daily, weekly, monthly, or annual recurring interval.
Command Scheduler will come in handy in any number of different scenarios. We offer a few examples for inspiration:
- Schedule Secure Score Reporting: Let’s say that you want to get insights into the Secure Score status for each of your customers to identify opportunities to offer security risk reduction services. Without Cloud User Hub, one would have to login to each customer tenant to obtain the secure score. Create a schedule that runs every week or month, have it run for all your customer tenants, and gain valuable insights through our Power BI report module.
- Schedule User Onboarding: If you’re lucky, your customers will provide advance notice when new employees are to start, requiring execution of a broader user provisioning workflow. Using Command Scheduler in combination with Cloud User Hub’s pre-defined User Onboarding command set, you can schedule the creation of a new user profile on a given date and time, without requiring further interaction by a technician.