We’re pleased to share the latest set of updates for SolarWinds Mail Assure, including two new features: view delivery attempt history and a restricted IP space used for email delivery.
What’s new this week:
View Delivery Attempt History
A new feature this week allows you to see a complete history of all the delivery attempts for messages (over the last 4 weeks); this is available to any user that has ‘features preview’ enabled. You can find the page in the ‘Incoming’ section (for delivery attempts to your destination servers, with the Incoming Filter) and the ‘Outgoing’ section (for delivery attempts to the wider world, with the Outgoing Filter).
The page should be immediately familiar to any ‘features preview’ user, with the common abilities to filter and/or group results, customize the columns that are displayed in the table of results, and export the results to CSV. The information available is the same as you have in the regular log search (when the delivery attempt was made, what the destination server responded, etc) – but you’re able to see all delivery attempts, rather than only the most recent one, as in the main log search.
The results also have various diagnostic tools available. You’re able to find the message in the main log search (‘Show details’), immediately retry message delivery, and execute network tests (SMTP callout, ping, traceroute) to the specific destination server.
Restricted IP Space Used for Email Delivery
For customers using a firewall to restrict access to their destination mail server based on IP, we now allow delivering the legitimate emails via a single IP range (22.214.171.124/22). This will be activated by default for any new Mail Assure signups as of March 20, 2018. Existing Mail Assure customers will be transitioned to use the single IP range for delivery gradually and can request immediate activation via support if desired. The active IPs from the 126.96.36.199/22 range are also included as part of the global IP pool, hence existing domains that apply the restriction based on the global pool will already have the IPs authorized and not notice any changes.
- Resolved: Issue with invalid error: ‘You’re not allowed to delete the domain’ being returned when trying to remove a domain belonging to a sub-admin (#34747)
- Resolved: Issue with transferring a domain from super-admin to a branded sub-admin not updating the Protection Report template and brand entries (#34764)
- Resolved: Issue with admin list being displayed multiple times on transfer dialog (#34770)
- Resolved: The preview log search page again defaults to sorting by date/time (descending) rather than message ID ()
- Improved: The ‘Add’, ‘Import from .CSV’, and ‘Export as .CSV’ actions now have an icon next to the button (#34142)
- Improved: Email Scout Reports will not be automatically activated if the destination domain appears to have a ‘catch-all’ configured (#33967)
- Added: ‘Delivery details’ page showing all delivery attempts for messages (#32456)
In case there are items you would like to discuss in more detail, please contact support via support.solarwindsmsp.com