This release includes the following updates and enhancements to the MAX Backup / IASO platform:
Summary for MAX Backup / IASO 15.7
- Windows 10 Support– We have added backup and recovery support for the latest Windows Desktop OS and new Microsoft Edge Browser which is releasing from Microsoft later this month.
- Auto Update for Virtual Drive – Partners utilizing the Virtual Drive add-on for VM individual file restore or other granular restore functions can now take advantage of the auto update service when new versions of Virtual Drive are released.
- Virtual Disaster Recovery to Offline VHD– Partners now have the option to direct Virtual Disaster Recovery to an offline .VHD file.
- Virtual Disaster Recovery for Linux (Beta)– We are making a beta release of our Virtual Disaster Recovery for Linux technology available to partners. Initial support is focused on VDR of CentOS to VMware.
- Add Drivers option for Bare Metal Recovery –We now allow partners to insert drivers during the creation of the Bare Metal Recovery USB boot media.
- Standalone CMC Enhancements – MSP partners can now access Detailed end-customer statistics from in the Statistics menu in the standalone Cloud Management Console to provide detailed usage information for end customer devices.
- Partner management enhancements added to the recently introduced Web-Based Cloud Management Console.
Introduced last month in 15.6 as a tool to supplement the existing Cloud Manage Console, the new Web CMC is targeted specifically at the needs of Resellers and MSPs remotely managing end customer devices. The Web CMC provides partners with browser based access to many of the partner and device management functions of the standalone Cloud Management Console without the need for a software installation. Now partners can add, delete, configure, monitor and manage backups from virtually any web based device.
Stay tuned, as additional phased updates to the Web CMC will be made throughout 2015 to expand functionality to include notifications, alerting and advanced report functionality.
The Web CMC can be accessed securely at https://cmc.cloudbackup.management/ and uses your existing CMC Partner credentials.
Updating to the latest version
You may download the latest Backup Manager from the download sections of our website or download links within the CMC. The latest Backup Manager release will also be distributed via our auto update server shortly following the initial release. To ensure your Windows and Mac OS clients are always updated with the latest Backup Manager client version please ensure that you have specified ‘Always latest version’ for the ‘Max version:’ setting in the ‘Partner information view’ section of the Cloud Management Console. You can consult the support knowledge base for more details on how to set the client Max Version.
Cloud Management Console
You may download the latest Cloud Management Console from the download section of our website. The latest CMC release will also be distributed via our auto update server shortly following the initial release. Once available you will be notified upon launching the CMC and presented with the option to update.
You may download the latest version of the BMR Tool, Recovery Console, etc. from the download section of our website. These components are not released via Auto Update.