We are pleased to announce the release of App Control version 1.39. Customers that have linked a Google Apps account in App Control will notice that the product will request a quick, one-time update to the service. Please read on for details or refer to our Help documentation. This release also includes new feature enhancements for all our supported cloud mail services (Office 365, Google Apps and the MAX Mail service). Full details are included below.
Notice to Customers that manage Google Apps clients in App Control:
App Control is used to manage Google Apps directly from the Dashboard. This requires administrative level access to the Google Apps account. You will need to complete a quick one-time update to each Google Apps client. Please note, this configuration reflects changes made by Google governing API access to Google Apps at an administrative level.
When selecting a client linked to a Google Apps account, you will see the Edit Service dialog. The product will guide you through the update and step-by-step instructions are also listed below.
- Before you start, ensure that you are logged into your Google Admin Console with your Apps for Business account (not a personal account).
- Click on the Google Apps Client in the North Pane of the dashboard.
- The Edit Service dialog will open. You will see a message “You need to allow additional one-time access to your Google account. Click Update to enable access.”
- Enter currency and cost details and then click Update.
- A new browser tab will open to a Google web page, listing out the forms of access requested by the MAXfocus API. Please note that your browser may block the pop-up dialog. In this case, you will need to allow the pop-up, return to the Dashboard and click Update in the Edit Service dialog again.
- Once on the Google web page, click Accept to grant access.
- You will be redirected to a success page, which you may close.
- When you return to your MAX RM Dashboard, refresh the Dashboard. Your Google client will be updated.
New Functionality for All Cloud Mail Services:
- Support for multiple domains in Google Apps
- Notifications Tab
- Notifications are ordered by the date they were modified rather than originally posted.
- Notifications may be filtered by date.
- Organisation Tab/Tree Improvements
- The Organisation Tree has some cosmetic changes to make it easy to see and manage each element of the tree. Long values in the tree are also displayed more effectively.
- When a notification is present in the Organisation Tree, the Node (domain, user) no longer changes color which caused confusion. The notification will appear as a number above the node, and clicking on the number will open the Info dialog to the Alerts tab. You may also hover over the notification to see the severity of the notification.
- User Table Improvements
- User Info Dialog can be opened from the Users Tab.
- User may be edited from the Users Tab.
- User may be deleted from the User Table.
- If there is a notification about a user, a notification will appear in the user row.
- Column configure menu allows select or deselect all.
- Mailbox History Tab
- The Mailbox History chart legend is updated to easily identify user activity and inactivity.
- User mailboxes listed in the table below the Mailbox History chart indicates the growth of the mailbox, which has been reformatted as a percentage growth during the date range selected.
- The top of each tab is modified to reduce clutter and make the user actions in the top right of the interface more visible.
- Office365 AD Sync Creates Duplicate Organizations (fixed)
- On Users Tab, Configure Columns dialog can’t be closed easily when South Pane is not expanded (fixed)