I am pleased to announce that Dashboard v5.42 is in the process of being deployed to all territories overnight tonight so that it is available before start of working day tomorrow, Friday 7th March. This Dashboard release includes the Release Candidate of our new App Control feature, which allows MSPs to manage licenses, users, groups and mailboxes on behalf of their clients’ in Office 365 and Google Apps.
The full release notes are included below, but I would like to draw your attention to some important points:
- Initially, we support the Small Business, Small Business Premium and Midsize Business plans of Office365
- Exchange Online (which is an Enterprise plan) mostly works, but is still undergoing QA
- We expect to be able to officially support Exchange Online on 20th March 2014
- We also support Google Apps for Business providing API access has been enabled (via Google Apps Admin Console, Security, API)
- We do not support Google Apps “Classic” or “Standard” as these are legacy free editions that do not provide API access
- It may take between 2 and 5 minutes for some actions (e.g. editing user) to complete via O365 or GApps API and be reflected in UI
- As a consequence of the above, we no longer support Internet Explorer 8 or Internet Explorer 9
- This is in keeping with our official policy of supporting current version (IE11) plus one previous (IE10)
- Only impact will be anyone still using Windows XP (!!) as they will need to use Chrome or Firefox
Finally, there are three known issues in this Release Candidate:
- Usage costs for Office 365 are currently calculated based on USD RRP
- Usage costs may not be shown for Office 365 Mid-Size Business plans
- License counts and notifications shown in main window of Services tab are only refreshed nightly.
We will be working to resolve as many of these known issues as possible for the next release on 20th March 2014.
This is an exciting development for GFI MAX RemoteManagement and we hope you will try out this Release Candidate and let us know what you think.
- FEATURE: Manage licenses, users, groups and mailboxes in Office 365 and Google Apps with App Control
- UPDATE: CART Definitions updated to version 580
- UPDATE: “Don’t count maintenance as downtime” option for Site Uptime and Server Uptime charts added to Monthly Report settings
- BUGFIX: Reduce delays generating and sending Client Monthly Reports
- BUGFIX: Reduce delays generating and sending Client Weekly Reports
- BUGFIX: Resolve problems rendering Alert Settings dialog in IE11
- Known Issue: Usage costs for Office 365 are currently calculated based on USD RRP
- Known Issue: Usage costs may not be shown for Office 365 Mid-Size Business plans
- Known Issue: License counts and notifications shown in main window of Services tab are only refreshed nightly
Please note that Dashboard access via Internet Explorer 8 and Internet Explorer 9 is no longer supported.
Supported browsers are Internet Explorer 10, Internet Explorer 11, Firefox 26, Firefox 27, Chrome 32 and Chrome 33.