I am delighted to announce that Dashboard v5.35 and Agent v9.0.0 Release Candidate are in the process of being made available in all territories, such that they will be available before start of working day tomorrow, Tuesday 23rd July.
- FEATURE: Execute actions (Reboot Now, Re-run DSC, Re-run Vulnerability Check and Install Patches Now) immediately (requires Agent v9.0.0 RC or greater)
- BUGFIX: Ensure changes to Client Monthly Report content, which overrides default content, are recorded in User Audit Report
- BUGFIX: Improve parallel performance of processing Patch Management Vulnerability Scan uploads
- BUGFIX: Restore missing system-tray icon in Device Inventory Report
Agent v9.0.0 Release Candidate
- FEATURE: Execute actions from Dashboard (Reboot Now, Re-run DSC, Re-run Vulnerability Check and Install Patches Now) immediately
- UPDATE: Add support for monitoring McAfee Antivirus 8.8 to Antivirus Update Check
- UPDATE: Add support for Microsoft System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection to Antivirus Update Check
- BUGFIX: Remove any old Patch Management scans when new scan completed (to ensure “If Schedule Missed” reboot settings are always observed)
Agent v9.0.0 RC is the first version of the Advanced Monitoring Agent to establish a persistent outbound connection to our central servers to facilitate the immediate execution of actions from Dashboard. This persistent connection will go on to form the underlying communication mechanism on top of which the new Remote Background Management functionality, including Remote Command Line, Remote Powershell and Remote Process Control, will be built.
The infrastructure and changes to the Agent required to accomodate real-time, two way communication between Agent and Dashboard has undergone full QA in the lab. Nonetheless this represents a significant change. For this reason, and also the newness of the technologies involved, we have decided to release the communication mechanism in this RC before we release significant functionality that relies upon it. This will enable us to monitor both the infrastructure and connections in real-world use, without causing any disruption to existing customers or Agents (as all existing functionality in Agent uses outbound HTTPS for communication in exactly the same way as it did before). In order for this to be worthwhile, we need as many of our customers as possible to deploy this Release Candidate, which we would politely ask you to do on any internal servers and workstations.
If you have any feedback, please do not hesitate to reply to this thread or contact your local support team via Help Menu, Request Help in your Dasboard. In the meantime, we will continue with the development of Remote Background Management, which is currently well underway. The first functionality of this exciting new feature, Remote Command Line, is provisionally scheduled to be available on Release Candidate in mid-August.
With kind regards,
The GFI MAX Team.